Pastas Roma, S.A. began operations in 1961, in a small facility, determined to elaborate the best pasta in the country. Pastas Roma entered the market through efforts made producing 100% Semolina with the best technology and, in few years, its products became the most sold in the country.
The name “Pastas Roma, S.A.” was changed to “Roma Prince, S.A.” Nevertheless, producers were still known as Pastas Roma. The company had to be moved from the original facilities in Escazu to a building in Alajuela city due to its growing pace.
The great acceptance and demand of Pastas Roma made necessary to change and modernize the manufacturing equipment. So, in 1987, a decision was made: acquire the best machinery for the elaboration of long pasta; therefore a Pavan high temperature line of production was imported from Italy. It was then that Roma Prince became the pasta factory with the latest technology in Central America and the Caribbean.
During the past 10 years, Roma Prince has replaced and implemented top-class technology in pasta production. And with the last implementation- the lasagna production line- we have become one of the best producers of this product in the world.
Lastly, we have built new facilities for our offices and distribution center, thinking about the possibility of projecting the company´s development in the next 40 years.
Raw material: the “semolina”, a product derived from Durum wheat, is the main raw material for pasta elaboration; however, we have diversified our nutritious pasta with mixtures of tomato, egg, spinach, etc.
Our mission is to develop, manufacture, and distribute nutritious pasta and highly nutritious supplementary products, both innocuous and of top quality. We use cutting-edge technology and environmentally friendly supplies; our staff is properly trained to offer customers the best products locally and abroad.
Our vision is based on the following philosophy: being the best nutritious pasta- company, leader in the Costa Rican market and with international market presence through innovation, product differentiation and top-class service.
Committed to excellence
OTHER ASPECTS TO BE NOTED
Other aspects to be noted: Roma Prince S.A. has been certified through an ISO 9001:2000 quality management system, in force since 2001, thus showing a commitment to quality and customer service. Likewise, other systems and programs have been integrated: HACCP (food safety), environmental programs and Occupational Health, which have contributed to improve quality.
These programs have contributed to improve product quality and safety, as well as the imported technology installed in the facility.
The greatest achievement of Roma Prince S.A during these 46 years could be offering Costa Rican people healthy and nutritious food, as well as contributing with the development and welfare of Alajuela city by offering work sources for the community, paying taxes, purchasing services to local providers and giving university students opportunities to complete their tasks, among others.
The company has received several national awards, among which we can mention:
- Premio a la Excelencia 2006 (2006 Prize to Excellence) for customer satisfaction, awarded by the Chamber of Industries of Costa Rica.
- Medalla al Detallista (Retailer Medal) for 15 years, awarded by the Chamber of Retailers.
- Perimercados’ Award due to the company’s work as a provider.
- Carrera al éxito (Path to Success), awarded by GESSA.
- Apoyo Promocional (Promotional Support) (total channel), awarded by CSU.
- Apoyo Solidario (Solidary Support), awarded by Mas x Menos.
- Premio al esfuerzo industrial Ernesto Ruiz Avilés (Ernesto Ruiz Avilés Prize to Industrial Effort), awarded by the Costa Rican Chamber of Food Industry (CACIA in Spanish), at the last CACIACON 2008, acknowledging its contribution to the Costa Rican food sector.
- Premio al Esfuerzo al Exportador (Prize to Export´s Effort), awarded by CADEXCO 2008.
- Prize to Extraordinary Management in Compliance with the Objectives by Perimercados, year 2012.
Prize to Excellence Provider of the Year by Regional Wal Mart , year 2012.